Join me and California Walnuts and pledge to Choose Lunch. We want to encourage you to stop skipping out on your lunch. It’s time to fill your body with quality nutrients! Did you know that over 80% of the American population is deficient in omega-3 fatty acids? (Source, NIH) Omega-3 fats are an essential fat the body needs and eating them in their most natural form, like the omega-3 ALA in walnuts, is ideal.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids transport oxygen throughout the body. Oxygen is needed for your body to live, for your red blood cells, to create energy & to burn fat.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids are needed for your brain and to create hormones. 60% of your brain is composed of fat once the water is removed (Source, NIH)and eating your daily essential fats may help decrease your risk of brain disorders like dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, ADD and ADHD.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids can also benefit your heart and may help decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease which is the leading cause of death in America.
California Walnuts conducted a survey of U.S. consumers and there are 5 main types of lunchers: Lover-o-Lunch, Busy Bee, Mindful Muncher, Snackaholic and Last-Minute Luncher. Which one are you?
I pledge to choose lunch with California Walnuts do you?
Here are just a few ways I like to add walnuts (packed with the plant-based omega-3 fatty acid ALA) to my lunch:
1. Add a handful of walnuts to your favorite salad.
2. Sprinkle walnuts on a Greek yogurt parfait or smoothie bowl.
3. Add chopped, toasted walnuts to your avocado toast.
4. Snack on a handful with dried fruit or berries.
Join us & pledge to choose lunch with California Walnuts to fill your body with quality nutrients & take a much needed mental break. For more great healthy recipe ideas go to www.Walnuts.org!